- B.A., Biology, Bowling Green State University
- M.A., Health Education, East Carolina University
- Ph.D., Health Education, A.T. Still University
Select Works Published
- Oral Presentation/Workshop, "The Power of Being Powerless"
, Student Adlerian Conference, Bowie State University,
- Keynote Address, "Stress and Resilience: How to thrive when faced with multiple stressors"
, World Summit on Stress, Mindfulness, and Philosophy,
My philosophy regarding teaching is simple- it is a dual learning experience. I think that as much as the students are learning from me that I am also learning from them. Teaching and learning is a process that never ends and learning from the students allows me to grow both professionally and personally. I also believe in providing energy to the classroom by incorporating scholarly journals and articles that are relevant to the discussion as this helps to make the point hit home. Creating a great learning environment is one of the keys to success for the students and I am very committed to doing that daily.