Currently Available Outside Scholarships
- Investigate scholarship opportunities early.
- You don’t have to have a 4.0 GPA or be a star athlete to qualify for free money!
- Scholarships are FREE, there should NEVER be a fee or charge to apply for any scholarships.
Scholarships are based on a variety of criteria and can be found on the Internet, in scholarship guides, and through sponsoring groups.
Stay organized during your scholarship search by keeping a list with deadlines and requirements. If you can’t apply online, be sure to leave enough time to request, complete, and mail a hard copy. Make your application look as professional as possible. If you choose to include a cover letter make it brief, but interesting.
Helpful Resources for Finding Scholarships
A few of the many online scholarship opportunities are listed below:
For Teens/Single Parents:
- Teens with Dreams Click here to apply (Deadline: March 15, 2019)
- Generation Hope (Deadline: April 1, 2019)
- Rosenfield Injury Lawyers LLC – Annual Single Mother Scholarship (Deadline: December 5th, 2019)
For International Students:
- TheDream.US Dreamers Scholarship (Opens November 1st, 2018)
For Students in Healthcare:
- Health Resources and Services Administration (Varying Deadlines)
- American Occupational Therapy Foundation (Deadline: October 25th, 2018)
For Veteran Students:
- Low VA Rates Military College Scholarship (Deadline: July 15th, 2019)
For Graduate Students:
- National Founder’s Graduate Business Student Scholarship (Deadline: August 16th, 2019)
- Solomon Law Group Scholarship (For Undergraduate and Graduate students; Deadline: July 12th, 2019)
Other Open Scholarship Opportunities:
- 2019 Capital Speakers Club Scholarship (Deadline: April 1, 2019)
- Frederick Douglass Global Fellowship (Deadline: February 14, 2019)
- A Place for Mom Scholarship (Quarterly Deadlines; Next Deadline: May 1st, 2019)
- AXA Achievement Scholarship (Deadline: December 14th, 2018)
- CU College Scholarship (Must be member of participating credit union; Deadline: March 31st, 2019)
- Dolman law Group College Scholarship Video Essay Contest (Deadline: December 29th, 2018)
- Jeannette Rankin Women’s Scholarship Fund (Deadline: March 1st, 2019)
- Lamber-Goodnow Scholarships (Deadline: December 1st, 2019)
- Margaret McNamara Education Grants (Applications accepted September 15th-January 15th)
- National Founder’s Undergraduate Business Student Scholarship (Deadline: August 5th, 2019)
- Senior Care Aging Matters Scholarship (Deadline: May 15th, 2019)
- Solomon Law Group Scholarship (Undergraduate and Graduate students; Deadline: July 12th, 2019)
- Staver Accident Injury Lawyers, P.C. Personal Injury Scholarship (Deadline: December 1st, 2019)
- The Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults (Opens November 1st, 2019)
- Varsity Tutors College Scholarship Contest (Monthly Chance to Win)
- YuJa Scholarship Essay Contest (Deadline: December 2nd, 2018)